Saturday, October 27, 2007

weekend in jlem

I'm sitting at my brothers place in Modiin waiting for my wife to come back so we can start the long drive home. Actually, it's shorter to drive home then it was to drive to Cleveland - in other words long is relative.
We spent shabbos in jerusalem with my mom and we had a very nice time. It was a little bit tense as my children are not used to being in a small enclosure with breakable (ruinable?) items, but that's life. I went to sleep at about 1:30 AM on Thursday night after a midnight shopping trip to go get vegetables. I had been on the road since about 6 PM and by the time I finished shopping, I was so fried that there was no way I was going to make it for a short visit to the old city, so I just went back to the apartment and went to sleep. I got my visit in to the wall the next morning. One of my kids woke up at 5:30 and decided he was going to start making a ruckus. I decided it was more worth my while to get up and I took him to the wall for shachris (morning prayers). After davening, I messaged my wife to see if anyone was up yet and she told me they were still sleeping, so I took the kid with me for a nice breakfast. Parking was free because they don't start charging at the meters until 8AM, and we were back at the apartment by then.
We headed off to the zoo to spend the morning, and I went to sleep lying on the ground at the children's zoo. I live in a children's zoo so I didn't feel I was really missing much if I didn't see it in that location.

Shabbos was very nice, we got to spend some quality time with the chosson (groom), which we enjoyed.

The baby was asleep on the floor after some crying and one of the kids just went and woke her up. ARGHHH
Have a good night.

No comments: