Thursday, September 11, 2008

beautiful insult

My daughter has been having some problems with some of the girls in her class. Since she came back from her trip abroad a number of girls have teased her that she speaks with an American accent. One girl was talking to her very nicely and my daughter had enough and she said to the girl in English, "You're beautiful." The girl, not understanding, was very insulted and went to complain to the English teacher that my daughter was cursing her out in English. The teacher called my daughter over and asked her what she said. My daughter answered and the teacher burst out laughing and walked away, leaving the girl who complained open-mouthed and speechless.

I'm proud of her that she finally has learned to use her language skills to her advantage.

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

she is so mean!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

One girl was talking to her very nicely and my daughter had enough and she said to the girl in English, "You're beautiful."

Didnt you mean, "not very nicely?"