Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i said I wouldn't...

When I moved to Israel 5 years ago, I didn't have any intention of leaving. ever. And I said it a number of times, in front of a number of people.
This coming week, I am leaving the land of Israel for a short much needed vacation. We are leaving all of our children, something we have only done for a single night in the past 10 years, for a full week as we head off to Rhodes, Greece.
I wanted to go for 3 nights, but the specials were all for 4 nights. My wife didn't want to go to Turkey and there was a good deal in Greece, so we booked.
I don't know what we're going to do there, but it will be a lot of fun. There is no kosher food there, so we will live out the week on the food we are bringing and fresh vegetables. I've heard you can get international kosher food in the supermarket, but we'll have to wait and see about that. I think I can live for a week on carrots and cucumbers if they confiscate my salami at the border. There''s also fresh fish, that only need fins and scales to be kosher, you can kill them any way you want.

2 comments:

Rafi G. said...

enjoy

Anonymous said...

You couldn't find a better place? Is not Rhodes where the Emperor Tiberius spent his last days (doing untold things)? Come on Sim - you should have picked better.