Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Israeli Business Meeting

(OOPS. I posted this on the wrong blog yesterday)

Last night I had the opportunity to meet with Jameel Rashid and anonymous (Not the anonymous who makes nasty comments on my brother's blog. A different anonymous). I met them in the train station at Hof Hacarmel. We walked into the mall and my bag got searched, as usual, but they just flashed their "I have a gun, don't bother searching" card and walked right through. We sat down next to the burger ranch for a serious business discussion and ordered fries.
Anonymous presents the idea and shows me some samples. It took some time for it to sink in because I wasn't on the same page as them. We discussed the target market and the legal issues involved. We ordered more fries. We discussed a number of issues until I was satisfied that I had a good grasp of what they wanted to do. Then, before we could order more fries, it was time to leave because our trains were leaving and the entrance to the Muqata is closed late at night.
We didn't have time to finish the discussion on compensation and I wanted to continue to think about the project to decide if I wanted in.

I went home and I thought about it and I thought about it and the idea makes sense. I can even see the people who would use it. I pretty much stayed up all night mulling it over, thinking through the pros and the cons. The maximum time I can put in is 20 hours extra per week. I already have a full time job and that is the time that I can squeeze in and still have time to learn English once a week with daughter one and put the boys to sleep when I get home. But it gives me no time for anything else and 6 months is a long time to not have time for anything else.

My main problem with the project was that it didn't speak to me. I didn't get excited thinking over the possibilities and how it would work. If I don't get excited about an idea then it becomes work and not fun. I already have a full day of work, when I do another project on the side, I need to be motivated and to be motivated, I need to be excited about the project.

I called the muqata and anonymous this morning and asked them to find someone else.

On to the next possibility.

No comments: