Sunday, July 23, 2006

rockets rockets and more rockets

A lot of people who fled from their houses in the Haifa area are returning to their homes.

Haifa just got pummeled. I was in the middle of talking to a coworker on the phone when the air raid siren went off. I just checked the news and one person was killed in the assault.

Binyamina/Zichron Yaakov just had air raid sirens go off for the first time since the war started, though there were no reports of hits. Currently the train is only going as far north as Binyamina, they will probably cancel that train as well if there is a rocket in the area.

It looks like this will be going on for a bit longer then we had planned. My friend's brother was just called up in the reserves. I don't have a lot of experience with this, but I would expect that they generally don't call up the reserves for this type of incident if it is supposed to end in a couple days.

My brother's brother-in-law is a paratrooper on the front lines. As far as we know he hasn't been sent in yet.

Olmert says he thinks the government should help the northern residents. I'm fine with that.
I also think the government should help the southern residents who are getting the raw end of the PR deal right now even though they still have rockets crashing down in their communities from the Gaza strip.

We had a nice shabbos in jerusalem.

No comments: